Thursday, July 7, 2011

Theaters

When I was younger I always went out to the theater to see movies... as I'm getting older and paying for everything myself I've stopped going to theaters unless it is a movie I really really want to see...
Today I went to the theater to purchase my tickets to the final Harry Potter movie... as I paid I was excited to find out that they were only 12 dollars... due to the fact that my tickets to Pirates of the Caribbean were 15 each. Now... re-read that I GOT EXCITED because the tickets were TWELVE DOLLARS. That is outrageous!!
So, out of curiosity I went back to my journals/archives and found my ticket to the 6th Harry Potter movie which came out July of 2009... only two years ago and found that I paid 8.50 for the ticket that night. In a short two years prices have gone up 3.50 for a movie ticket.
That is crazy to me that they have shot up soooo quickly!!! And I just wanted to rant about that! Thanks for listening : )

No comments:

Post a Comment