Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dresser Redo #1

So, right now my husband and I have very limited space, and when I started to think about what will happen when we move I decided that my son should use the dressers we currently use... But this requires my husband and I to find a new dresser.
Knowing I have a very limited budget especially considering I wanted something unique I headed to the thrift store. It is getting a lot harder to find good pieces at our local thrift stores due to people shopping early in the morning and re-doing and selling good finds for a profit. Due to this I was a bit skeptical but I was pleased to find something I saw potential in.
I found an all black dresser, it had a lot of dings in it and it didn't have any drawer pulls, so I took it knowing that I had a lot of room to improve it.
So, the first step we took I wasn't really known for in doing projects myself but my husband insisted that we stripped off the old paint. It was fun to watch it bubble up but scraping it off was not my favorite.
Looking at the stripped dresser and thinking about drawer pulls I realized that I hated the locations of the current holes. They were all awkward and off center so we decided to fill it! We took wood fill and covered in all the holes previously there when we covered some of the larger dings.
We then painted the whole dresser white hoping to rid any remaining black spots that might give us issues, and finally we got to do what I consider the fun part and give it some color. I love color and I think the grey and green is really fun.
Then my husband, being the awesome man he is measured and drilled new holes for my drawer pulls. We did one more green coat to cover his measurements and I finally got to put on he drawer pulls we had picked.
It took a lot more work than I had originally planned but it turned out great! I love it and am so excited to put it to use!!!


1 comment:

  1. It is super cute! You guys had a great find. I agree that the original holes were weird, it looks much better now.

    ReplyDelete