Thursday, May 26, 2011

Our Only Chance is the Lighthouse

Today we went to one of my favorite places ever, the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. I've climbed to the top several times in all types of weather... but today I got to experience it during heavy winds and some rain which was a totally different experience. I loved it because I feel like during a storm a lighthouse is always there to help warn you of the danger. I think the lighthouses are so beautiful and I love to watch them. Fortunately for me we are staying in a house where I can look out and see the light spinning... and showing the boats where rocks are. Even though most boats rely on other sources now days they aren't always as stable... even when they break down there is always the light house still shining and leading the more unlucky boats to shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment