Thursday, September 8, 2011

WaldenBooks

Saturday is the last day WaldenBooks in the Pine Ridge mall will be open. It is closing along with all 400 Borders Bookstores. I have worked for this bookstore chain for three years, and now it is gone. Tomorrow will be my last day of work at said bookstore. It's going to be a very odd and bittersweet moment. It will be sad to see the store that way, it is already depressing! So empty with people picking through it like a bargain basement warehouse. But at the same time it will be nice to have it over, to not be in liquidation... to be able to dedicate myself to my new job and to my house and things like that. Also, in a way it kind of feels like a new start to me... I've done this for three years so now it's a new path leading to different things. My job at Borders took me so many different places and my life is 100% different from when I started. So, who knows maybe now as this chapter closes a new one will enter that will take me through even more experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment