Sunday, June 10, 2012

All Around the Fire

Here I am... sitting by the campfire.... roasting... an Easter Peep. Yes, I am roasting a peep. Now, I had never done this before but Tyson INSISTED that this was the only way I would ever get him to eat a peep.So I decided that I must try it if he felt so strongly about it. Goodness sake it was good! I will still eat them plain too but I like peeps much better than normal marshmallows. One of the really nice things about roasting a peep was that the outside hardened and made it a lot less messy to eat!! 



I had never before roasted a Starburst, but I had heard wonderful things about doing so. So, with my summer fun I figured I might as well try this... and just as roasting peeps was awesome... so was this! Everything about a roasted starburst was fabulous! Even my Grandmother loved it! This will be happening around every campfire I ever have from now on! 


And last but not least, I did make a smores. I'm not huge on them, I've never been as obsessed with them as many but for traditions sake I always do it once a summer. This time I decided that I would use one of the peeps instead of a marshmallow. Lol, it tasted very similar but it made me laugh hard to see the ears sticking out of my smore... poor little bunny. Haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment