Monday, February 28, 2011

Unforgotten Dreams

Everyone has dreams and plans... listening to high school students tell you what you want to do they have amazing plans and high hopes. Four years later so few of them are still on that path to what they wanted. They got distracted with other things or put off by unforeseen events.
When I was in high school any of my classmates you asked would know that I was going to be a writer. In 2008 I sent out a few letters to publishers of pieces of my work that I now am embarrassed that anyone ever saw... but at the time it was enough of a put off that I stopped writing for a while. Then by the time I was in the mood to write again it seemed like everything else in my world was spinning with so much that I couldn't focus on writing even when I want to.
Now, that everything has changed and spun around me more than I ever could have imagined slowly it starts to settle a bit... at least for a small amount of time. At least for now my job is stable, it looks like we are going to be signing a new lease putting us in one place for at least a year, and both of us are going to be out of school for at least a year. So now that we aren't planning so much for the immediate future because we finally have a few things figured out I can finally focus on those unforgotten dreams... I can finally write again and that is what I'm going to do. I don't believe that anyone should completely forget their dreams and I haven't any intention to.
So to anyone who may read this I encourage you over the next year to do something you've always wanted to do be it big or small. It can be something simple like complete a marathon or big like change careers but whatever you do never forget how short life is and that somewhere deep inside you there is something you can do to become a tiny bit closer to what you always wanted... even if you never get it to every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment