Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars

Today is the first Sunday of the year, and Fast Sunday of course. I've decided that in my little family, which currently only has two people... should start the Tradition of roast on fast Sunday. I love the smell of the roast coming from the kitchen! The only bad this is that once it starts to smell good it starts making me hungry!
I finished my first book of 2013 today. I started it on the first and just finished it this morning. It is in my goals for the year to read 24 books, not counting Harry Potter which I have to read for another one of my goals... and the first one to add to the count was The Fault in Our stars by John Green

This books was worth a read... though I found it extremely predictable. Maybe others would be surprised, but seeing as I have been doing all I can to think like an author for years I saw almost exactly where it was all going from the first few chapters. It was also a slight bit too gushy for me. All the lovie kissie stuff doesn't appeal to me as much in such realistic settings. Yes, I know that Divergent (my favorite book of the moment) has that strong love plot in there, but the story really is based on more...this story thrived a little to hard on the love story. There are many people I would not recommend this book too because they predictability of it would make it too boring... but there are also many who would love this book... so I suppose I have mixed feelings on it.
So, yeah... that is my book review of the day... up next on my too read list: Dark Companion by Marta Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment