Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mildly disappointed

Well, last night it was time to make my first pumpkin treat of the season... and I went with something I thought couldn't fail. Pumpkin no bake cookies.

Now around my house no bake cookies are prized, being Tyson's favorite I've become quite good at making them over the five years since we first started dating... and I only imagined that with a pumpkin kick they would be delightful.

The recipe called for me to replace the peanut butter with pumpkin, otherwise it was a pretty normal recipe.

As it turns out without peanut butter the cookies are not the same... the salty really makes the sweet and the pumpkin just didn't give it that same kick. They were good enough to be eaten but simply not as good as I had hoped or anywhere near as tasty as the original.

With such am amazing array of things to do with pumpkin these will not be made next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment