Sunday, February 5, 2012

February.

February has come, January has gone, and at least for the time being the weather in South Eastern Idaho has been very nice. For the most part I LOVE this, but it also kind of scares me because I don't want it to start being Winter and have Winter run late.
This weekend I have my good friend Annie and her son Chris in town, so we took advantage of the weather and decided to go out slack lining.








I'm very excited for it to be the month of love, okay well I like to call it that because of Valentines day. A lot of people say that Valentines day is a waste of money and silly... I however think that any reason to celebrate is a good reason to celebrate and be happy. Why not enjoy the little things that you can?
As most of us know, besides the month of love it is also Black History Month. Sometimes I forget how recent it was that schools were separated and that black people were so mistreated. I recently watch The Help and that was set in the past 100 years, it is insane to me! Treating people differently because of the color of their skin... and it is still happening, people are still facing hate crimes and other obstacles. So, during the month of February make sure not only to spread the love but to remember how many amazing accomplishments have been brought about by the Blacks in our history.

No comments:

Post a Comment